How To Treat Muscle Pain
How Does Muscle Pain Occur?
- Pain can manifest in one muscle or a group of muscles.
- Pain can increase if it is ignored.
- It can last for a couple of minutes or can be constant.
- Pain might be activated unexpectedly in certain positions and can be severe at a particular point.
- There may be muscle twitching and excruciating spasms.
- You might suffer from insomnia or interrupted sleep.
- Occasionally, pain can cause lack of feeling or a prickling and burning feeling.
- If the pain is caused by a virus it will be accompanied with a fever.
- Constant muscle pain can also result in joint pain.
- You might feel fragile or depressed because of constant pain.
General Causes of Muscle Pain
- General viral illnesses such as influenza.
- Hormonal problems, particularly the reproductive hormones.
- Shortage of vitamin B12 or D.
Other Causes Of Muscle Pain
- Bacterial infection – Lyme disease;
- Dengue Malaria;
- Muscle abscess;
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Roundworm infection;
- Lupus; and
Contact a doctor if:
- The pain continues for longer than 3 days.
- The pain is extreme.
- You display any signs of a virus.
- Pain is related with inflammation or redness surrounding the muscle.
- Pain is connected with a rash.
Muscle Pain Complications
Regularly, muscle pain is due to other causes such as viruses or using drugs which can lead to problems such as:
- Retention of water.
- High fever.
- Out of breath and trouble swallowing.
- Unable to move certain body parts.
- Muscle atrophy.
- Inflexibility of muscles.
Things You Can Do To Reduce Pain
- Don’t strain the affected muscles. Relax the muscles.
- Don’t sit in the same position for extensive periods of time. If you can’t, at least take breaks to extend your muscles now and then.
Related Video On Muscle Pain