CPR level “B”
CPR level “B” is seemingly being melded into CPR level “A”. As the international liaison committee on resuscitation (ILCOR) is promoting a simpler and more straight forward method of providing CPR it has slowly been removing the separation between CPR “A” and CPR “B”. The difference between the two levels of CPR is that level “A” teaches rescues on adult victims only and level “B” teaches CPR for adults and child victims. However, the procedure for adult CPR is almost identical to that of child CPR. Because of this similarity between the two programs, CPR level “B” is slowly being the “forgotten” level of CPR. Register for St Mark James CPR and first aid classes in Winnipeg. Our popular St Mark James training providers are located in Ottawa, Surrey, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
CPR level “B” Course Content:
- Candidates will learn:
- Scene Assessment
- St Mark James
- Implementation of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Legal implications of CPR
- Prevention of disease transmission
Candidates will learn to recognize and treat:
- Unconscious non breathing adult and child victims.
- Conscious breathing adult and child victims.
- Mild and partially obstructed conscious choking adult and child victims.
- Fully obstructed conscious choking adult and child victims.
- Unconscious fully obstructed adult and child victims.
- Vomiting and regurgitating adult and child victims.
Upon successful completion of this St Mark James course candidates will receive a 3 year certificate that states certification in St Mark James CPR level “B” and AED. This CPR award can only be received when partnered with a standard or emergency childcare first aid course.
To register for a CPR level “B” course (partnered with childcare first aid) select the course from the course selection below or select the location of your choosing from the side bar. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to ask. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.