How to treat swine flu
Swine flu is also known as influenza in pigs. Pigs transmit this virus to people particularly hog farmers and veterinarians but sometime an infected person passes the infection to other people.
Indications of swine flu
The symptoms of swine flu are similar to other strains of flu such as chills, headache, fever, cough, runny or stuffy nose, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat and body aches.
The symptoms of swine flu occur in about 1-3 days after exposure to the virus and continue for about seven days. It is best to seek medical help if there are symptoms of the flu and the individual has a condition like emphysema or heart condition. Additionally, consult a doctor if the person is pregnant. You can learn more about this type of flu by taking part in first aid training today.
Causes of the flu
Flu virus infects the lining cells of the nose, lungs and throat. It enters the body when inhaling contaminated droplets or transfer of live virus from a contaminated surface of the eyes, throat and nose. People cannot be infected by the swine flu by eating fork.
Treatment and home remedies
- If the person has swine flu, look for the symptoms like runny nose or cough. This can be treated with bed rest, drinking plenty of liquids and taking cold medications as well as vitamin C in order to boost the immune system and increasing the number of white blood cells in the body.
- Do not go work or attend classes since this virus is very contagious and those with this kind of condition should be isolated as possible.
- Seek medical attention if there are symptoms of pain in the chest or stomach, shortness of breath, sudden attack of dizziness, feeling suddenly confused, and difficulty in breathing, diarrhea and vomiting. In children, there is bluish coloring of the skin and they have fever together with a rash.
- Steam inhalation of eucalyptus or chamomile three times daily can relieve jammed lungs.
- Taking zinc lozenges in order to boost the immune system.
- Mixing 2 tbsp. of vinegar and 1 tbsp. of honey and mix with 1 cup warm water can help prevent swine flu and kills the microbes.
There are ways in order to prevent acquiring swine flu. These measures must be carefully observed to stop the spread of the condition to others.
- Covering the nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Cleaning all the hard, non-porous surfaces such as tables and counters that were contaminated by the virus.
- Washing the hands with warm water and a disinfecting soap.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose or mouth with hands that are not washed.
- Pregnant women should be secluded in the area.
- Large crowds like concerts, public places like stores and airports should be avoided during the epidemic.